GIFT BOX - Blue candle holders & tray - Handcrafted porcelain • Hurricane & Pyrenees Hurricane Collection
- Free shipping starting from 49€ (+ info)
- 100% secure payment
- Carefully delivered in a gift box
- Ecologic and durable craftsmanship
Offer a unique and handcrafted gift box! Two blue and white candle holders to place on their 3D-patterned porcelain tray. A harmonious composition that will allow you to enjoy sweet candle-lighted evenings.
Set of 3 Elephantom Design porcelain creations made of :
1 curved candle jar: Ø 8 cm - H 8,5 cm
1 right photophore : Ø 6,5 cm - H 7 cm
1 patterned tray: Ø 20 cm - H 1 cm
|color of the clay||Blue and white|
|Glaze||Glossy transparent inside - Tray: unglazed|
|Dimensions candle holder 1||Diameter 8 cm - Height 8.5 cm|
|Dimensions candle holder 2||Diameter 6,5 cm - Height 7 cm|
|Tray dimensions||Diameter 20 cm - Height 9 mm|
|Manufacturing process||Photophores: wheel Thrown - Tray: hand shaping|
• Softly diffused light with Elephantom Design's handmade porcelain candle jars •
This decorative set made by hand on the potter's wheel will land you with softness into the heart of the storm.
This set of blue and white porcelain photophores is inspired by the spiral patterns formed by the swirling winds of tropical cyclones. This design was made on the lathe in the contemporary ceramics Elephantom.Design workshop, located in Belgium.
For the Hurricane collection's photophores, white porcelain and blue-stained porcelain are assembled and then put on the potter's wheel where they intertwine to form this helix pattern. As the porcelains blend on the potter's wheel randomly, each candle holder is unique. Once their shape has been obtained, the thrown items dry slowly and are reshaped a second time in order to refine their contours. They are then fired twice in the workshop's kiln. A first time at 950°C before glazing and a second time at 1250°C, allowing the vitrification of the crafted ceramics. This high-temperature firing allows to obtain solid and waterproof ceramics. The complete creation process can take between 4 and 6 weeks.
Porcelain, a translucent material
Take a porcelain coffee cup, place it near a light source, and it will let a soft light shine through. That's what is so interesting about this material for ceramists. No other clay offers this translucency. It is the thinness of the throwing on the lathe that will allow the light to pass through and give attractive results.
A translucent ceramic, fine and delicate yet sturdy!
Crafted with great finesse, one could imagine that porcelain creations are fragile. However, unlike the impression that its whiteness and fineness could provide, even if very thin, porcelain is the hardest and most solid of all ceramics.
Why should a gift created by a ceramist necessarily please him/her?
- Because the handmade ceramics of your gift box are selected to create a beautiful composition. No need to wonder how this gift will fit into its decoration. It suffices itself.
- Because "to a unique person, a unique gift". Each crockery or home decor handcrafted ceramics created by the hands of a ceramist is always a unique object. Offering a unique creation is also about telling this person that she or he is unique and important to you.
- Because thanks to these, this moment will remain (almost) unforgettable. It will allow you to transmit the story of your gift's creation.
- Because you allow them to discover the universe of a craftsman. Each artisan has his or her own approach, the fruit of years of learnings, experimentations and creativity. Discover Elephantom.Design's story
- Because these creations were lovingly made. True quality products and the result of a know-how transmitted from potter to potter.
- Let us be honest : also because it's easy. Your gift will arrive already wrapped. All you have to do is to give it! Even if it is important that you put all your heart into the choice of this gift set, it is even better if it is already well wrapped upon delivery.